Information about Tourism and Business
By the decision No. T-VI-846 of 22 December 2009 of Varėna District Municipality Council, Varėna Tourism and Business Information Centre was liquidated on 1 February 2010. The responsibilities of Varėna Tourism and Business Information Centre were delegated to Varėna Education Centre.
In accordance with the regulations of Varėna Education Centre, which were approved by the article 15 of the decision No. T-VI-1006 of 29 June 2010 of Varėna District Municipality Council, tourism and business information activities include the creation of the district’s information infrastructure and its maintenance in the fields of tourism and business.
The aim of the Division of Tourism and Business Information is to create more favourable informational conditions for the development of tourism and business.
The goals of the Division of Tourism and Business Information:
- To develop informational and consultancy services, and activate entrepreneurship training;
- To create, maintain and improve the information infrastructure of the district in the fields of tourism and business.
A professional of the Division of Tourism
- Collects, stores and provides free information about tourism services, and places of interest in Varėna district
- Creates, publishes and distributes maps and cartographic publications about tourism services, objects and locations
- Provides the data of tourism services and resources to the National Tourism Information System
- Can book (reserve) accommodation services, transport tickets, tickets to theatres, concerts, sport and other events and sell souvenirs
- Encourages the entrepreneurship of the district’s community and local initiatives, and presents them on the website
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates information about potential investors in Varėna district
- Represents Varėna district as well as tourism and business opportunities in exhibitions
- Prepares in-service training courses, seminars and lectures for tourism and business sectors
- Participates in programs and projects of foreign countries and international organizations’ support